12 Mar Sugar-Free Banana Bread
This is what happens when you buy 17 bananas in one week for a party and it turns out no one wants bananas.
This is also what happens when your first Sneaky Snack recipe with bananas in it tastes terrible.
We went back to an old favorite but I changed it a little to try something different. It is refined sugar free, dairy free, and gluten free (before adding the chocolate chips). The original recipe calls for oat flour but I used a gluten free flour blend and added chocolate chips this time to see how it would do. It was good and got a thumbs up from the kids.
6 ripe bananas
2/3 cup melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups gluten-free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour )
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2-1 cup dark chocolate chips or carob chips (optional)
- Pre- head oven to 350, grease two loaf pans
- Mash bananas in a large bowl (I used a fork but have also used a pastry cutter in the past). Add melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Whisk until combined
- Add dry ingredients into banana mixture, mixing until combined
- Add chocolate chips or nuts and fold into mixture.
- Scrape batter into loaf pans and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until cooked in the center.