16 Sep Gluten, Dairy, and Sugar Free Banana Oat Muffins
Recipe from plantoeat.com. Originally for banana nut bread but modified to be muffins. We have tried these so many ways-our favorites are with blueberries or chocolate chips added. Also my kids will eat anything with a cute cupcake topper. ..
6 very ripe bananas (medium-large)
2/3 cup melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups oat flour (just blend oatmeal to make flour)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup chopped walnuts or almonds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin tin. In a large bowl mash bananas with a fork until they form a slightly chunky banana paste. Add melted coconut oil and incorporate. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
2. In a separate, medium-sized bowl combine oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Whisk together until completely combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients about 1/3 at a time, mixing until barely combined each time.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
5. Let cool before removing from muffin tin