07 Oct Peanut Butter Brownie Baked Oatmeal
We eat a lot of oatmeal in our house, especially for breakfast. I tried this Peanut Butter Brownie Baked Oatmeal from chocolatecoveredkatie.com and it turned out really good! She says it’s even better the next day so I will let you know tomorrow. This recipe uses a lot of ripened banana which personally I am not a huge fan of, but my kids gave this recipe 3/4 thumbs up and kept coming back for more. So I would call it a successful recipe, especially to use as breakfast for the week. It’s good with a big glass of almond milk. I love this recipe because it is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and vegan.
Make sure to check out chocolatecoveredkatie.com for tons of vegan, low sugar recipes. I’ve never tried a recipe of hers that I didn’t like.
• 1/3 cup peanut butter or other nut butter or allergy friendly substitution
• 2 2/3 cup overripe mashed banana (I used 5 ripe bananas)
• 1 cup milk of choice – I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk
• 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
• 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 3 cups rolled oats (we used gluten free oats)
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
• 1 tsp salt
• optional chocolate chips, melted peanut butter for garnish- we used enjoy life chocolate chips to keep it dairy/soy free
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line 9×13 dish with parchment paper or grease really well.
- Combine ingredients in bowl and mix well with a spoon or whisk (not the chocolate chips)
- Pour batter into prepared pan and top with chocolate chips
- Bake for 30 minutes. Without opening the oven, turn oven off and leave dish in oven for 20 more minutes.
- Garnish with melted peanut butter and maple syrup if desired. (Next time I will mix the 2 together to drizzle on top instead of doing each separate)