15 Jul Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
Sneaky Snack Sunday: Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
We visited Arrowhead Acres Blueberry Farm in Traveler’s Rest a couple of weeks ago to let the kids pick blueberries. They had a blast and we came home with more blueberries than we knew what to do with! You saw the frozen blueberries last week, but we also made blueberry muffins and blueberry crisp, among other things! I adapted this blueberry muffin recipe from yammiesnoshery.com. I really didn’t change much because I didn’t want to have to remake the muffins if they didn’t taste good lol 🙂 The whole family approved of them and gave them two thumbs up.
As always, I’m sure you could tweak the recipe to make it healthier or less healthy depending on your preference. If you want a no sugar option, I have added blueberries to this banana bread muffin recipe and they are great too!
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend (I used Pillsbury brand- you could also just use all purpose flour if not worried about making the muffins gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (can sub with sour cream)
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease muffin tin
- Combine sugar, egg, oil, milk, and vanilla in medium sized bowl and stir until combined
- Add in flour, baking powder, and salt into wet ingredients until combined.
- Stir in the yogurt then fold in the blueberries.
- Use measuring cup to evenly distribute muffin batter into muffin tin. I filled all the way to the top for bigger muffins.
- (Optional) Sprinkle tops of muffins with ~1 TBS of sugar
- Bake muffins for ~25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.